Updated: Sep 17
Buying things online can be super easy, efficient, and fast. No travelling or parking problems, and there’s no pressure to buy. But, there’s also no expert guidance or assistance. Luckily, Diamonds on Richmond Auckland has combined the best of both worlds to make the purchasing process as simple as possible. Whether you are visiting us in store or buying from the comfort of your own home, there are no pushy salespeople, but all the expert help you need.
Time-poor, out-of-town customers, and COVID-19 restrictions have made online engagement ring purchases more popular than ever before. The team at Diamonds on Richmond saw this and decided to create a series of videos which bring the DOR instore experience online. Virtual instore experience.
How the online purchase process works at Diamonds on Richmond
1. Whether you are purchasing from home or coming into the store, have a look at our informative Virtual Consultation which will run through some of the most important things to consider when purchasing an engagement ring.
2. Look through our ring designs on our website, social media accounts or send us your very own sketches/ideas.
3. Get in contact with one of our Client Managers who will help with finalising the ring design and the diamond selection process via Zoom, email or phone.
4. Make your deposit, and we will get the ring under way. In 5-6 weeks you can either pick up the ring from us or we can safely deliver it to you where ever you are in NZ. (We can also make miracles happen if you need your ring sooner than 5 - 6 weeks, urgency fees may apply).
5. Time to pop the question.
All of our jewellery is made to order, which means you can choose the metal type, the shape and grades of the diamond, and the setting.
As well as a gorgeous piece of jewellery that’s been made in NZ, you get one free ring re-size and a lifetime of free cleaning and polishing, the same as our in-store purchases. If you’re still not sure, there is a 30-day exchange option available.
What options of engagement ring are available?
Contact one of our dedicated Client Managers for help with the diamond and design selection, as there are literally thousands of options available. As well as the traditional brilliant cut diamond ring, we can create almost anything your heart desires. You can personally select the gem or diamond you want from our selection.
Precious metals: Choose from yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum
Setting types: This very much depends on the size, type and number of gemstones you choose. A simple claw setting is ideal for a single diamond, while there are also bezel, bar, and halo engagement rings to name a few.
Cuts of gemstones: While the brilliant cut is most popular, we can also source princess cut, cushion cut, radiant cut, oval cut, pear shaped, marquise cut and more.
Duty free diamond engagement ring purchase
You also have the option of buying duty free engagement rings when traveling through Auckland. If you want to take advantage of our duty free shopping, it’s the same process as the online purchase, except you must pick your new ring up from Auckland airport's international terminal before you board your international flight.
The person collecting the ring must be the intended owner of the jewellery. NZ customs allows Kiwis to be wearing apparel and personal effects, including jewellery. These items are GST and customs duty free. The airport charges a small fee, 8% + GST per invoice, capped at $300+ GST per invoice.
Contact us to find out more
If you’re wanting to buy an engagement ring online, you can learn more about the DOR experience on our Diamonds on Richmond website. You can also send us an email or give us a call to talk about the perfect option for you. If you are in Auckland, engagement rings are available to view in our Grey Lynn, Auckland store, so get in touch to make a time to visit.